EDP using the "metronome" midi note outs...

I donít have the manual in front of me so I canít quite remember what the terms are called, but on the EDP, there are various midi notes sent out on Start loop, 8ths notes and the loop point. I believe it is there for recording onto a sequencer (and triggering the EDP later from these notes??? Dunno? )

But I have a question. I have the Korg MS2000R synth and it has a built in analog sequencer. Right now I have to make a loop (to set the bpm) and then very precisely hit a key on the Korg for it to be in synch. Last night I tried ďPlaying the synthĒ from these midi notes that EDP spits out. But all I want is ONE note PER BAR (I guess the loop point note) not all the other notes. There doesnít seem to be anyway of specifying this on EDP, so I was wondering if I can ďfilter outĒ all notes I donít need??? I DO use a laptop in my setup, but would prefer NOT to route the midi to and from this, Iím looking for a (CHEAP) box to do this with (or a circuit, Iím pretty handy with a soldering iron)

Any ideas, or off the wall solutions appreciated..

(Actually off the wall suggestions are positively encouraged!!!)

Cheers

Mark