RE: Nifty RTOS hardware platforms: for looper development

Surprisingly I like the Debian Linux best of all I started losing respect
for Linux after RedHat got started but, Debian has restored my feelings to
the positive side. I think trying to make Linux into Windows (ala Redhat
and
others is a mistake) I tried out the minimum network install of Debian and
found it to be really excelent. I think the problems of Linux are that too
many of the installs (script/RPM/Deb) are executed really badly. The
dependencies are not clearly stated and then locating the correct
dependency
is sometimes a real pain and there is commonly something missing in the
documentation. If they ever get the installations a little more
standardized
things might become more productive and Linux being a UNIX could very well
become a great audio platform or network client. Still one has to become a
little more hardware savvy under Linux (less latency) as opposed to Windows
and it's hardware independent approach (more latency) Debian uses APT
(Debian Package Manager) which improves things a lot but, still requires
some inteligence to use I screwed it up already (doing a post screw up
analysis ;D )
So, Windows or Mac is a lot easier for most and will continue to be for
quite some time it is a good place for a developer of RTOS apps to go at
this time considering Windows Latency (still present in the embedded
versions) and Macs high cost.