Re: decent drum machine hardware

Title: Re: decent drum machine hardware
My personal favorite for something easy to use and decent to work with live is the Korg Electribe ES-1. It lets you sample in any sounds you want, either from sample CDs, or by creating your own sounds with instruments, drainpipes, etc, has some onboard effects you can use to tweak and resample your sounds, and has a very easy pad/step programming approach that lets you construct a beat quite quickly.

It is definitely limited, and doesn’t work so well for jungle-type stuff, but I think it’s a great instrument.

Dan

--
ghost 7 | Orange
http://www.envelopeproductions.com