Re: Solution for Stereo EDPs and Timing Drift: Three Critical Parameter Settings

Hi-

Just to emphasize since others seem to have this issue: for stereo
Echoplex
units, Threshold recording will cause the loops to go out of sync. You
need
to set Threshold = 0.

The threshold parameter sets an audio threshold so that loop recording
does
not start until you begin playing. With stereo and threshold on, both
units
will begin in a mode waiting for the audio. The audio will always arrive
slightly different between the two units, so it will cross the threshold
at
slightly different times to start the recording. The loops will therefore
usually end up being slightly different lengths, and they drift out of
sync. We tried for some time to think of a way to make this work but never
found it.

kim