Ableton Live As A Live Looper

I've Been trying to use Live along with the Behringer MIDI foot pedal
as a live looper and it's just not working like I was hoping it would.

I have a Line6 which I love. I was hoping it would be like this pedal
but that I could have more than one track and also be able to do
everything else you can do in live, ie. change the speed.

How do you guys have Live set up?

I have it on the default "trigger" setting. I can't get seamless loops.
Maybe it's because I have it on "trigger", maybe it's latency, maybe
it's cause I'm not used to playing to click when it comes to live
looping.

if you guys could help me get this working I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot,

Erland