From: Michael Peters [mailto:mp@mpeters.de]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 3:57 AM
To: Loopers Delight
Subject: re: Stockhausen's "Stimmung" great vox Re: Sort of OT: Bjork's
new cd MEDULLA... and looping?

>> Damn...you seen the man himself perform?! That would be incredible.
> KH was just tweaking levels, so it was more the "idea" of him performing
that was exciting.

even though Stockhausen is not my favorite composer, he sure has
interesting
ideas, and he is still incredibly creative and busy at age 76. I have the
privilege to live right next to him ... he lives a mile from here in the
small town of Kuerten near Cologne, Germany. Since his 70th birthday he
does
a week of seminars and concerts every summer. Many students and
professional
musicians from all over the globe come to attend, learn, and perform. A
month ago, looper Harold Schellinx from Paris came and stayed at my place
and we went to some seminars and incredible concerts. You can read his
report (and see some of my photos) from this year's Stockhausen days at
http://www.harsmedia.com/SoundBlog/Archief/00525.php (and if interested in
Harold's work, listen to his vintage 1980 loops at
http://www.harsmedia.com/Amphibious).

-Michael
www.michaelpeters.de