RE: OT: LRAD new sonic technology

Haven't thought about this technology/methodology for some time.

The 'low frequency to mess up your head and body' was also utilized by
the industrial band Psychic TV for some time, as well as grunge rockers
TAD.  I think PTV was a bit more mercenary in their approach, where as
TAD used it with a bit more adolescent humor. ("hey, look!  That guy
just shit himself!  Isn't that hilarious?")

As for the epileptic thing, I may possibly a very mild victim.  I work
in a digital photography and design studio.  At times, I will sit in for
the photographers to get their exposure levels prior to the arrival of
the models.  Even though it's not pulsing at a steady rate, those strobe
lights leave me feeling disorientated and nauseous afterwards.

And I had the fortune of seeing the William S. Burroughs art
retrospective at the LA County Museum of Art quite a few years back.
They had on display Burroughs & Bryon Gysin's 'Dream Machine', which
supposedly put your mind into some sort of altered state when you closed
your eyes and looked at the pulsing light.  (yes, Bill and Bryon added
drugs and gamelan music, but you get the picture).

Whew...I just about lost it looking at that thing, and had a terrible
headache for the remainder of the day.

Guess I should avoid tree lined alleyways at sunset!

Best,

Rich