RE: California Guitar Trio and Tony Levin w. TG (gig spam)

Wish I lived closer.  CGT is great!  I was guitarist for Land of Chocolate back in 2002 and we opened for CGT and The Flower Kings at a show in Northern VA.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Griesgraber [mailto:tom@thossounds.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 2:42 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: California Guitar Trio and Tony Levin w. TG (gig spam)

Hi all,

Happy to pass along that I'll be doing 4 shows with the California Guitar Trio and Tony Levin in S CA. I'll be doing opening sets at them with my Repeater in tow (EDP still in need of service sadly).

CGT and Tony Levin with guest Tom Griesgraber (solo Chapman Stick and loops)
Hollywood, CA - Wed Aug 25, 7:30pm
The Knitting Factory - 7021 Hollywood Blvd - 323-463-0204
$17.00

CGT and Tony Levin with guest Tom Griesgraber
Goleta (Santa Barbara), CA - Th Aug 26
The Mercury Lounge - 5871 Hollister Ave - 805-967-0907
($15.00)

CGT and Tony Levin with guests Tom Griesgraber and Reeves Gabrels (frmr Bowie guitarist)
San Juan Capistrano, CA - Sat Aug 28, 8pm
The Coach House - 33157 Camino Capistrano
*** Discount Tickets through ThosSounds at www.thossounds.com, 760-942-1031 and at Lou's Records in Encinitas ***
All Ages.

CGT and Tony Levin with guest Tom Griesgraber
Oceanside, CA  - Sun Aug 29, 7pm
MiraCosta College Theatre - One Barnard Dr
All Ages. For Tickets - 760-795-6815

Just in case you've never heard of CGT or Tony Levin.... Paul Richards of Utah, Bert Lams of Belgium and Hideyo Moriya of Japan met in 1987 while studying guitar with King Crimson guitarist Robert Fripp.  They toured with Robert as members of the League of Crafty Guitarists and the Robert Fripp String Quintet and formed the CGT in 1991.  Their shows feature incredible original compositions as well as a dizzying array of covers, from Beethoven and Bach to Queen, Surf Guitar and Spaghetti Westerns. For more on the Trio, visit www.cgtrio.com

Tony Levin who will be playing with the Trio is easily the world's best known Chapman Stick player and probably its most recorded bass player ever.  Best known for his work with Peter Gabriel and King Crimson, Tony has also recorded and/or toured with John Lennon, Paul Simon, Ringo, Pink Floyd, Yes, Sarah Mclachlan, David Bowie, Tracy Chapman, Cher, Natalie Cole, Paula Cole, Al Dimeola, Dire Straits, Stevie Nicks, Liza Minelli, Buddy Rich, and James Taylor (to name a few).  www.tonylevin.com

If any of you make it out, do stop by and say hi. I'll likely be hanging out at the merch table after my sets.

Thanks for reading!
Tom Griesgraber
www.thossounds.com