Kid Beyond

Mark Sottilaro wrote:
"Last night I caught a Beatbox show in Berkeley called "Vowel Movement."
  Amazing show.  One of the performers was called Kid Beyond
(http://www.kidbeyond.com) and was doing really cool stuff with live
loops using Ableton's Live.  If any of you get the chance to check this
guy out, I swear you won't be disappointed."

Andrew Chaiken (aka Kid Beyond) is a really interesting musician.    He did
a cover of one of
Portishead's first tunes, using only Ableton's live,  a laptop, an FCB110
midi pedal, a mic and his
voice.   He reporduced the whole tune, note for note off of the record.
It
was astonishing.

Despite the fact that he blew me away with his ability to mimic
instruments,
digital effects, drums and the use
of his beautiful voice for leads and harmonies  he was equally impressive
in
that he did not touch his computer
once during the song.   All his moves were done with his FCB110 and his
hands were free to perform.

I'm with Mark,  check out this amazing artist!