Buying a PC Optimized for Audio

Hi fellow electronic musicians--
If you have a budget and want to buy a new machine for (let's say) looping,
aren't there places (one the web?) where you can buy a system, be it PC or
Mac, that is optimized for digital audio?  Not that I am necessarily going
to shell out four figures any time soon for gear (but I hope to have
another
EDP in my near future).
In a related matter, I am considering buying one of those Echo Audio PCMCIA
cards, the Indigo, for use with my ancient HP laptop and Sonar.  They are
cheap http://www.zzounds.com/item--ECHINDIGOIO  Any opinions on this piece?
Let's hear it for Kim Flint, a great American patriot!
Gary