Re: FCB1010 Pedal/Echoplex.....can I program feedback option to a volume pedal?

My gear is at my studio where I don't have an internet connection. I'll try it from memory. ( I'm pretty tired so this may be a bit incoherant )

First, decide or figure out which continous controller number controlls output volume and feedback. We'll set both of them to the A and B expression pedals.

Then, press the first FCB1010 button to select it. Then press and hold down the Down button for 3 seconds. You will then be in edit mode.

Then, just press Up once since you probably don't want to program the switches at this time. You should now be able to assign, program changes, continuous controller settings, expression pedal settings, and note select settings.

If the A and B expression pedal configuration buttons ( 9 and 10, I think ) are not selected, press each one in turn for a few seconds ( don't remember how long ) to make them light up.

Then just press the one for A briefly. It should flash. That means that you will now be editing the expression pedal A setting for that button.

Press Up ( Enter ) to get to the continous controller setting. Select the correct number for the param you want to control and press Up ( Enter ). You then need to set the zero value and the max value. Rock the A exp pedal all the way back ( up ). The value should go to zero.

Then press Up to get to the max value setting. Press the pedal all the way forward to set the max value. Press Up to finish that.

I'm not sure if there are any other things you have to do but you should be back in the mode where you can select which param to edit. If you are, deselect the A exp button ( 9 ) and select the exp B button ( 10 ). Follow the same procedure to set this button.

You can also go and set what note you want to trigger for that button if you haven't already.

Unfortunately, you have to do this for every button you want to use. There is a way to copy presets but I don't know how to do that off-hand.

Hope this helps. Check the reference charts for the FCB1010. Almost everything you need to know is there.

- Dave

I really appreciate your help with this.  When you have a moment and your by your gear some more specific directions would be awesome.  I know that on the midi pedal 8 and 9 have something to do with the pedals.  It would be cool to use one pedal as the output volume on the other as feedback.  I'm going to see if I can figure out anything now.  I also got some advice from Andre Lafosse so we will see what happens.  I'm completely clueless with this midi stuff.