Re: Lesson Learned: Ordering Anything involving UPS

At 11:35 PM 7/28/2004, Paolo Valladolid wrote:
>This may be old-hat to you Internet-shopping savvy
>loopers, but I just found out that the UPS driver can
>decide to simply leave your package outside your door
>if you're not home.

I've not had any of these problems with UPS, although I live smack in the
middle of an urban neighborhood and I'm on really good terms with with our
regular driver.  My big gripe is USPS, because they'll just drop anything
anywhere without leaving a notice.  For instance, I got a credit card
stolen out of the mail a couple of months ago before I ever received
it.  How the hell did that happen?  I had to go through the whole
'identity
theft' pain in the a**, but I've got a really cool bank and they're taking
care of the prosecution for me.

Also, in the past I would never use Airborne Express because of this very
reason (don't know if that's still the case since they've been purchased
by
DHL).  And, as previously mentioned, Fedex Ground will ring-&-run as well,
leaving the package on the street if they have to.

About the only delivery service I've found that will consistently require
real human being and a signature is Fedex Standard/Priority.

         --m.

-- Duke Sexton
    Field Services Region Manager - Western Region
    F5 Networks

    773.338.2379 (w)
    773.580.7439 (c)
    d.sexton@f5.com