Dishonest price modification

Apologies for the directness of this reply, but the record needs to be set straight. This was not a simple matter of a sale ending. Musician's Friend uses page-specific hit counts from their web traffic to adjust their prices -- something other reputable online retailers do not -- fact (read below). I think you'll be surprised to find this type of price control is finding its way into more and more sites. Hate to give good people bad news...

Not to be a defender of MF, but that lap steel regularly goes on and off special.
Possibly so, but I tracked the prices over a 2 day period and saw 3 fluctuations -- fact.

What's the big deal?
The big deal is that multiple forum members witnessed the multiple, daily price fluctuations and that those fluctuations occurred after an extended discussion in this forum on lap steel guitars that promoted the low prices on MF's site.

Can't they offer a sale price on something
and then take it off at some point?
Of course, and again this should not occur multiple times with a 2 day period.

Someone here conjectured that it was somehow
automated, based on demand, which sounds ridiculous to me.
Well, I apologize for being the bearer of bad news, but I took the time to research the matter before posting a message on the forum and called MF to speak with a sales representative who confirmed that, "prices do change on the site" and who freely admitted that he didn't "know what caused the price increases and decreases -- just that they existed." Furthermore, he openly said he, "had encountered this before" and thought "the prices should go back down at some point."

If you're still skeptical, feel free to call MF and verify. Again, apologies for seeming a bit direct, but this is important because it affects many members of this forum who need to be aware if a distributor is acting in a dishonest fashion.

Get Optimized,
Rob

Just Released 7/15 - myTunes
An Hour of 3 minute Ambient voyages