terry riley's organ, Hammond looping

what organ did Riley use with his Time Lag Accumulator? was it a
Hammond, Lowrey, Wurlitzer, or other? if it was a Hammond, does anyone
know what model it was?

i'm curious because i've finally started to loop my Hammond and i'm
interested in precedents in Hammond looping. the only one I have on
record is a Jimmy McGriff vs Groove Holmes concert which Jimmy does
some textural looping on the Hammond (into a tape echo) on a slow blues
("Talk To Me" on Giants Of The Jazz Organ Live). funny  ... i always
assumed it was Groove that did that because he used an Echoplex quite
often in the 70s, but close listening last month showed me it was
actually Jimmy, who never used _any_ effects on his organ.

if anyone else knows any loopists who use a Hammond, let me know.

btw, i've been looping for 8 years and playing organ for 6 and i've
NEVER looped the Hammond. don't know why i haven't, other than i
usually play bass. Travis H said he was interested in hearing some
Hammond looping, so i wired my organ into a crossover so i could play
bass and loop my right hand stuff.

then i had to plug in the Dan-O-Wah, and the Echo Pro, then i had to go
buy a solid state leslie ...

... now i sound nothing like i did last week.

for those interested, i will post recordings soon of this crazy stuff.
the Hammond can sound remarkably digital if you do certain things with
it.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com