RE: Gizmo

Title: RE: Gizmo

 >>> ...and I've just remembered, Godley & Creme made a concept album to show off the Gizmo, I've never heard it (or know of anyone who did), AMG says;

"This album, the solo debut of former 10cc members Kevin Godley and Lol Creme, is generally considered to be one of the most notorious examples of '70s music-business excess. Consequences began its life as a single designed to show off the "gizmo," a musical device created by Godley & Creme that allowed an electric guitar to create symphonic-sounding textures when attached to its neck. Somewhere along the line, this single blew up into a triple-disc concept album about nature taking its revenge on mankind through hurricanes, floods, and the like. The first disc is almost entirely instrumental, using the 'gizmo' to create all sorts of different textures as a hurricane dubbed "Honolulu Lulu" trashes Hawaii and heads for the United States." <<<

I have this album, & the follow-up "L" on cd. "consequences" was declicked from vinyl- I don't know if there was ever an official rerelease. I never had much time for it- bit too quirky- but I will give it another spin with an ear out for the gizmo parts. I had some correspondence recently with a guy on another list who was looking for replacement wheels for his gizmo.... & I thought mellotron owners had maintenance issues! I told him the musitronics/arp story- it appeared in mark vail's vintage synth tome; the poor chap who had the heart-attack was "out-of-the-office" when the debt collectors turned up, in fact. he'd been poached from EH by g&c to work on the gizmo....

I too have seen the picture (somewhere out there on the interweb thing) of a precision bass with a gizmo. doing a google advanced search for "bass gizmotron" no longer summons it. I may have saved it somewhere....

http://www.beitec.com/articles/vintage/vintage4.html claims that bob moog was involved & that jimmy page used one on "in through the out door". hmm.... it's listed on page's gearlist elsewhere too.

surpised how few google hits were anything to do with "gremlins".

d/r.m.i.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe