Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:07:30 -0400
From: DJ <dhjohnson@mindspring.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Daevid Allen/glissando guitar

My ultimate dream is to some day have a luthier build me a modern
arppegione which is a bowed guitar that is held like a cello.  Schubert
wrote a sonata for it that is today played on the cello.  The nice
thing about an arppegione for guitarists is the tuning is the same as a
guitar so one already knows his way around the neck, and it has frets,
so a guitarist that is used to having some kind of fret reference is
not all of a sudden thrust into a realm that is totally unfamiliar.  I
understand that there is still some work to be done on bowing
technique, but I think most guitarists could handle this with a little
practice.

I think if a company came out with an "electric" version of such an
instrument that was not too expensive it could be wildly popular.