streaming live shows

I'm currently negotiating with a place regarding a possible looping live
show. This place has a DSL internet access (don't have information about
bandwith yet).

I'd like to ask you whether any of you has experience with streaming live
shows on the internet. From what I understand, you basically need two
things
(technically):

a) a stream source, which encodes the received audio (e.g. from an audio
input on the computer) and sends it out to a server. Bandwith requirement:
what it takes to transmit the stream. Example: SimpleCast
b) a stream server, which receives the audio stream from the source (a) and
sends it to the audients. Bandwith requirement: the stream times the
audients. Example Icecast.
c) possible relay servers, which take a stream from a server (b) and send
it
out to the audients.

Specifically, I'd like to know whether you know of any affordable (read:
free si possible :-) services doing the (b) part? Also, any hints regarding
the software for (a) would be appreciated (windows platform).

Thanks,

        Rainer

Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de