Re: OT: other recorder recommendations ?

don't expect to edit onboard this thing.  Otherwise, it works great for
basic live recording and burning to a CD.   It advertises all kinds of
mastering features (limiting compression, EQ), but its interface is SO BAD
that all I was really able to do was normalize.  Even inserting track
breaks
was a serious pain.   If you can get one cheap, maybe do it, but last I
knew
these were going for over a grand.  I bought one and returned it after two
very frustrating recording experiences.
Jon

> What about an Alesis Masterlink? If I'm not mistaken that does real time
> hard disk recording and mastering  with variable sample rate, and has a
>CD
> burner. I think it has 450 minutes of storage time at 24 bit resolution
It