Re: OT: other recorder recommendations ?

In a message dated 7/8/04 6:33:37 PM, mark_hamburg@baymoon.com writes:

<< I'm looking for a stereo recorder to use with my
rig when doing live gigs. Preferably something rackmountable or easily
hidden inside my relatively small rack. Preferably higher bit depth
than 16-bit so that I've got headroom to spare while playing. >>

How about a dedicated laptop? Get a used one or refurbished one with a
30GB
drive and have nothing on there except good recording software say 24 bit
96kHz
or better. Then you can firewire port over from your MOTU direct into that
with little chance of crashes since there will be no software conflicts.

BobC

www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier
http://trundlebox.iuma.com
http://brokenaxe.iuma.com