midi foot controller questions

Hi!

I'm about to delve into the world of looping, probably via the echoplex, latest version.

I want to be able to control this with a midi foot controller [all the functions that are on the gibson foot pedal thing at least].  Also I'll be wanting to control several other modules - Kurzweil KSP8, Digitech super harmony machine etc.

Which midi foot controllers do folks have experience with, which ones work with the latest version of the echoplex, etc.  I read some posts about the Ground control not working too well - is that still an issue?  is the Rocktron all access a much better bet?

thanks!
Dave