Re: Ted @ iTunes

Hi all,

Message dated 7/4/04 1:52:37 AM, erwill@suitandtieguy.com writes:

>Emusic.com is my favorite.

All that string of type has followed my "signature" for a while now.
Yes, CDbaby is the outfit that got me the bulk of that distribution.
They haven't come  through with an Emusic connection for me
yet though. I have no idea why. Maybe Emusic has better taste
than that.

Here's some info on those distribution points BTW:

AliveAudio
Online radio and download store. Alive Audio sells FLACs (Free
Lossless Audio Codec) which sound MUCH better than mp3s.
$6.50 per full-album.

Apple iTunes
Downloadable program for Mac and Windows.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

AudioLunchbox
One of the first all-independent music download sites.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

BuyMusic
A la carte downloads for 79 cents for anyone with Windows IE browser.
59 cents per song. $5.90 per full-album.

CatchMusic
Site that offers a la carte downloads and focuses on independent music.
55 cents per song.

DiscLogic
Site that offers a la carte downloads.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

EMEPE3
Website that primarily targets Latin America, USA and Spain.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

eMusic
Website for Mac, Windows, Linux where members can download
up to 40 tracks per month of high-quality MP3 files.
Total subscriber income divided among total download activity.
Ends up being about 67 cents per song.

Etherstream
Website that offers a la carte downloads.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

GraniteRocks
Download store that focuses strictly on music from New England.
Will only be available to artists who reside in New England.
>From 63 to 72 cents per song, depending on customer discount

Lindows
Lindows Media Player with built in music store.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

Music4Cents
Retails independent music at very reasonable prices.
55 cents per song. $5.50 per full-album.

MusicIsHere
Site that offers a la carte downloads - based in the Latvia (which
just became a member of the European Union on May 1, 2004).
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

MusicMatch
A popular audio jukebox program for Windows that recently added
this service built-in to their player.
60 cents per song. $5.50 per full-album.

MusicNet
AOL's bundled service, right now for AOL members on Windows only.
Will be working with Tower and Virgin's download services.
60 cents per song. $7.00 per full-album. $.002 per stream.

Napster
Downloadable program for Windows. Yes it's now legal and paying.
60 cents per song. $6.00 per full-album.

NetMusic
Digital download and streaming service.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

Puretracks
Canada-only service that offers $.99 downloads. Website is currently
available to Candian residents only.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

QTRnote
Website that offers a la carte downloads.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

Rhapsody
Downloadable program for Windows, based more towards playing/streaming/
listening than downloading. Rhapsody is owned by Real Networks.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album. 1 cent per stream.

RuleRadio
Online radio and download store.
65 cents per song. $6.50 per full-album.

Sony Connect
Sony's new digital download store.
65 cents per song. $6.55 per full-album.

Viztas
Viztas Digital Marketplace will sell all kinds of digital media - not just
music.
60 cents per song. $6.10 per full-album.

But before any of you gets too excited or whatever about this digital
distribution
thing. To put it in perspective, I've made only a few dollars so far from
any
of
it. I've had vastly more income paid from ASCAP for radio play fer gosh
sakes!

I'm not holding my breath for sudden fame and fortune to come sneaking
up on me any time. I don't expect that will ever happen as long as I'm
playing
the kind of music that interests me. Maybe if I play ABBA covers and wear
one of those large-lapelled one-piece jumpsuits . . .  heheh. Ooof Dah!
That ought to do it!

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html