EDP Stopped taking MIDI commands.

Can anyone think of what might be wrong here?

I have 2 EDP's being controlled with MIDI by an MPC 1000.  I have 1 EDP
receiving on Ch.1 sent from track one of a sequence and the other EDP
on Ch.2 receiving it's messages from track 2 of the sequence.
Yesterday everything worked fine.  I didn't change anything, even
after tripple checking it all seems to be where it should be.  But now
EDP 2 doesn't see any in coming messages but still syncs to Beat Clock.
  I even tested the situation by sending track 2's MIDI to Ch. 1 instead
of Ch. 2 so that EDP 1 would receive it, and it did, that one works
fine.

Does this sound like a broken EDP?