RE: Live looping percussion - thoughts?

As far as the easiest way for the drummer to find a comfortable tempo and
"lock" it, I'd say just use the tap tempo feature. I've not used beat
detect, but I suspect that it might have its quirks and difficulties, and
you'd still have to press a button to lock it. As far as EDP's drifting,
again I don't have experience using one, but I'd guess tap tempo would
provide more consitent results, assuming you'd slave the EDP's to the
repeater's tempo.  I use tap tempo all the time with the repeater and it's
invaluable. The only way I could see the beat detect and then tempo lock
being more appropriate is if he's going to just jam on a beat and then
wouldn' have a free foot or hand to tap that tempo in real quick. The only
hang up I see with tap tempo is that I've found it's sometimes difficult
tap in a slow tempo when the 'peater is at a fast one. I guess the best
way
to know though would be to experiment. Like I said, I have a feeling the
beat detect mode isn't all it's cracked up to be. Someone correct me if
I'm
wrong.

Jason

p.s. Texa, eh?  What part?  Maybe we need to get a gulf south thing going
soon. I'm in the big boot and have been discussing the possiblity of
organizing shows with a fellow Louisiana looper recently. Keep us up to
date
on your progress