Re: portable recorder

In a message dated 6/24/04 3:12:18 PM, mtman@cloud9.net writes:

<<  Can folks recommend specific models or
make general comments on the types of technology that I should look at? >>

Hi

I have gotten good mileage out of the Zoom PS02 palmtop studio. More like
a 3
track, it was clumsy at stereo recording but great at mono. It uses smart
media cards for storage which can upload as .wav or .aiff into a computer.
You
may be able to find it on sale as a closeout because now there is the Zoom
PS04.

I haven't used one yet but it seems they have improved on the PS02.
The PS04 will run 4 tracks with decent stereo record capability. It also
has
a ton of guityar fx, amp models and drum patterns. The price is reasonable
and
it is very very portable.

I will probably get one when my PS02 gives up the ghost.

regards
BobC

www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier
http://trundlebox.iuma.com