RE: : Decyphering the Grammar of Mind, Music and Math

I saw a comedian on (I think) Conan O'Brian.  He was talking about his baby
and music.  He wanted the baby to get exposure to all the music he loved,
including Black Sabbath. He said, "You know what?  Babies don't like Black
Sabbath.  It makes them cry.  They like 'Where is Thumbkin.'  'Where is
Thumbkin' is their 'Freebird'.  If you were all babies and I was singing
'Where is Thumbkin', you'd all have your lighters up singing 'Where is
thumbkin, where is thumbkin, here I am, here I am...'"

This guy is in the process of finishing a book along these lines:
http://www.completechords.com/Pages_Pathway_Books/Book_How_Music_REALLY_Work
s.htm

Unfortunately, he removed the sample chapters for revision.  I have the old
chapter's 1-4 here at home in PDF.  It's hard to describe how good this
guy's approach is.  Though I could do without his attempts at humor every
other sentence.  He writes so that non-musicians could understand it, but
musicians will get much more out of it.  I'm looking forward to the
hardcopy
publication when he's done.

BTW, happy father's day to any dad's out there.  :)  I'm off to the zoo
with
my daughter.