From: David J. Grossman [mailto:dave@unpronounceable.com]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 11:25 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: Get your EDP yet?

Quoting Andy Ewen <andy.ewen@btinternet.com>:

> 150 were air-freighted to the US last Thursday so they will have
> landed and probably be in a Gibson warehouse now waiting for despatch
> to shops/dealers.

I talked to a guy from Gibson who said they would still need to be
Quality
Assurance tested. If they have to do that to 150 units, there's no
telling
when they will actually ship. If Gibson holds true to their previous
committment to this product, it could be months before we actually see
these
things. :(

Musician's Friend has already bumped the ship date to July 26th. To tell
you
the truth, I don't even expect to get mine anymore. If only 150 were
shipped
to the US, it's completely possible that Musician's Friend will not have

enough to fulfill the backorders that have probably piled up from before
even ordered mine. Especially since they cancelled my order a few weeks
ago
even though I told them not to. I may be at the end of the queue now.
All
because Gibson lied to them about ship dates. I wonder if that was just
incompetance or deliberate fraud aimed at getting more people to buy to
get
more units on back-order.

Gibson is a four-letter word to me now. They have strung me along for
too long
when I have had numerous opportunities to buy used units but didn't
because
that ship date was always just 2 weeks away. I will never even consider
buying another Gibson product as long as I live.

- Dave