RE: 1st Loop Workaround in Ableton's LIVE 4.0

> And the problem is that the Ableton Live time-stretch engine is tempo-
> based,
> that is, it takes the current tempo and "lock" the recorded sample to
that
> tempo and then use that as a base for the realtime time-stretching
> calculations.

With all deference to your greater expertise, I don't believe this is
true. Perhaps I misunderstand what you are explaining,

Live has the ability to defeat the time-stretching functionality on any
sample. So having the software extract the tempo from the object length
on a non-timestretched sample should actually be a relatively simple
task. This is a one-click operation in Logic, a drag and drop in Kyma,
and a two footswitch press on the Adrenalinn.

Cheers,

-- Sarth

Mac