Re: Repeater (was: Pitch Shifter again, Digitech, Bill Frisell ?)

> I tried the Waves pitch shifter (plugin) today with some guitar
> sounds.I
> have to admit it really sounds terrible.
>
> So i have the feeling the Repeater is not gonna do it for me.
> ////////
>
> Greetings Jens.

Here's an old audio clip of the Repeater used for bass work (just a
quick test of the machine). Here the bass line was played from a
guitars bridge pick-up which gives a "plunky" sound. Can make fat sound
too, if played with the bridge pick-up. With the Repeater you can keep
one track instantly pitched down for bass. Drawbacks with the Repeater
is that it's not as fast as some other loopers to cut and paste, since
you might get into too high BPM's for the CFC card to handle (that's
why I like making short loops on the Repeater, playing it safe, in RAM
only).

http://www.fuzz.se/repeater/test.mp3

All the best

Per Boysen