Re: EchoplexPro Yahoo Group

At 01:17 PM 5/5/2004, dave@unpronounceable.com wrote:

>I never meant to imply that this forum needed any kind of replacement. I
>think
>that a group exclusively for the discussion of the Echoplex unit and it's
>usage would be a valuable asset. The fact that such a group already exists
>means that I'm not the only one that feels that way.
>
>If nobody else has a problem with the massive number of Echoplex-specific
>posts to this list, I certainly don't have a problem with it.

Speaking from an outside viewpoint here...

I'm not an EDP user (Repeater & Echo Pro).  However, I can say that there
is a fantastic amount of information I get from *both* Loopers-Delight and
Yahoo's Repeater Group.  I wouldn't give up either of them, and I have no
trouble keeping up with the new information passed in both of the groups.

So, based on the actual experience of watching LD co-exist with a separate
Repeater group, I don't see how another EDP-focused group could do
anything
but provide more of a good thing.  Of course, YMMV.

And as far as non-EDP users taking issue with the number of EDP posts on
LD, it really doesn't bother me personally.  Unless an EDP post happens to
be Matthias sending in a dev update (yes, I'm another of the growing
throng
eagerly awaiting the Chameleon port), it's just an excuse to give my
'delete' key a workout.  ;)

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil