Re: problem edp- next- copy sound

>yes the edp creates pops when i copy loops, even when controlled from
>front
>panel. does this necessarilly mean that the problem is not in the
>footswitch? what does reseating the chips entail (how to...)?

If the edp pops when your footswitch isnt even connected i think we can
rule
it out as the source of the problem (for now) .
If you choose to re-seat the chips, do so at your own risk and with a
little
caution it shouldnt be a problem.

unplug the  EDP fromthe wall socket. undo the top of the edp and slide it
off, look for the memory chips, (the long thin ones that look like (and
are)
computer RAM. and the two chips with Loop.....and the version number on it
(should be on a little sticker on the top of the chips. now before you
touch
anything ground yourself to remove any charge in your hands only use one
hand as a time, now gentally push on the memory and the Loop chips to make
them fit snug, having made sure they  arent disconnected or at an angle
etc....put it all back togeather, turn on whilst holding down perameters
make sure you re-initiallise the hardware, give it a try and see what
happens.

if this fails I would probably try running a sample from a cd plaer or
something like that through the edp to check that the problem isnt with
the
grounding of your instrument.

if this fails then im at a loss  and you will have to ask someone more
experienced then me to feild your  questions.

good luck

Phill

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger