Re: MOTU 828MkII as a Poor Man's Switchblade?

Thanks for the detailed response, Jesse!  From what
you say, it sounds like the 828MkII can do the job for
me.  Most likely, I would be looping just my two Nord
synths (the Micromodular acting as a processor for my
viola).  The third synth (Emu XL-7) has its own MIDI
looping capability, among other things, so I probably
won't be looping its audio as much.

How many Mixes can I set up to toggle?  Even just the
hypothetical 3 you mention may be enough for me.

Lack of MIDI for toggling between Mixes and muting is
not a concern for me.  Andreas Tillander did fine
using an Akai MPC 1000 for sequencing and a DL4 to
loop his melodica and assorted gizmos without any
notion of syncing the looper to the MPC - I'd be doing
something similar with my viola/Micromodular.

Greetings,
Paolo