From: Gary Lehmann [mailto:hqr@cox.net]
Sent: 18 April 2004 16:20
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: EDP Knob Gone Bad--Where Do I Get it Fixed?

-----> I have this problem with the output knob of my original Echoplex!
I tried cleaning it with tuner clear recently and only made the wobble
disfunction) worse.  I don't have the skills to replace this--do I call

-----Original Message was From: Matthias Grob

Talking about pot replacement on the EDP.
if you unscrew the front and take off the knobs (just pushing) you
can feel whether the input knobs axis is a little looser than the
if this is not the case, the problem may not be that it broke, but may
the pot anyway.
Might be interesting to verify with a ohm-meter: measure the total
resistance of it, while moving it...

if you are not familiar with a soldering iron and multilayer PCB, and
willing to do the fix yourself, we better stop this discussion, because
rep knows what I am saying here...

>>  yes, when the potentiometer brakes it does this, a little
>>  crack in the board with the resistance layer.
Thread started by Dave Eichenberger