Re: "Live Looping in italy con Alice"

On 04-04-14 22.00,  "Luca Formentini" <luca@unguitar.com> wrote:

> Hi Per,
>
> Per Boysen wrote:
>
>> No. I have a lot to say! But my problem is that the second I enter the
>stage
>> and start playing I forget about everything but the music. Hmmm...
>Well, in
>> a way that's the same thing. I guess. ;-)
>>

> I didn't want to mean "say" in sense of talking (althought I find damn
> useful to catch your public attention saying some words to show you're
> considerating them), I wanted to mean that, if you are playing, there is
> maybe an intention, a meaning, an emotion behind that.

Yes, I got the what you meant. But what I was trying to say is that it can
be difficult to "take command" over what the music wants to tell the
listener. Especially when playing improvised music that doesn't have a
particular form before it is manifesting itself. You might think when you
enter the stage that "today I'm going to play forcefully", but then some
notes happen that completely changes the scenario and you have to play
softly. What you're "saying" by performing music live is hard to control,
no
matter how much you speak between the pieces and dress up ;-)  I think the
coolest thing that can happen is when you play "as a listener", not forcing
the music by your will into any direction. It's fascinating how the music
seems to go by its own will.  You just listen and try to follow. I don't
know if this is "to say something" or to "have nothing to say".

Best wishes

Per Boysen
--
www.boysen.se