Re: Live Looping(TM?)

Title: Re: Live Looping(TM?)
At 1:10 PM -0400 4/13/04, SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

Personally, I'd say the brand promise is
"The music you hear tonight is produced live, with no pre-recorded samples."

Some of us use recordings as source materials.

Others perform with looping software such as Live or radiaL.

Personally, I don't consider myself so much as a "looper" as a  performer of live electroacoustic music.

Looping in my case is one technique among many.

I gladly participate in events billed as "looping" performances and I consider myself part of the looping community, but this does not preclude my membership in other creative communities. Others among this group have a much stronger identification with looping and therefore may care a lot about what the music is called and how it is presented. This is fine, but such strong attitudes can get in the way of the musical comraderie.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com