Re: "Live Looping"

Title: Re: "Live Looping"
And yet (to reply to my own post, which seems like a form of looping, doesn’t it!), when I came back to the US from Japan in 2001 and saw “Bass Looping Festival” on the marquee of the Capitol Theater in Santa Cruz, that definitely had a meaning to me. Too bad I was a week too late to catch the fun, but point is, it does mean something to a number of people—myself included--to use “looping” as a descriptive term. But maybe for the people who aren’t practicioners, they don’t care so much how we do it— they care how it sounds and how it makes them feel.

Like fer instance, there was a review in a local rock rag about a live CD I made at a gig with Orange (Dave K, you were actually at that show— you played a set too). It’s a pretty wild set of songs, considering the only instrument besides drums and vox was a 4-string bass, but the reviewer didn’t mention how it was done, even though I made that very clear on the CD, (because it’s something I’m kind of proud of). Nope, he just talked about how it was dreamy, gothic, ambient, or whatever, and complained that it wasn’t Kiss or AC/DC.

ghost 7 | Orange
http://www.envelopeproductions.com
http://www.cdbaby.com/ghost7