Re: Loop station/Echoplex emulation with Emagic Logic

Per,
Thanks very much for responding.  Let me clarify.  I'm really looking
for just some simple looping and overdubbing capability in a live
performance situation.  I don't really need all the complexities of the
Echoplex.  It seems to me that Logic has all the tools to do this (I
can do it manually using the keyboard and Logic commands). But this
doesn't work in a live situation (it needs to be automatic and
activated from midi foot-switches).  It requires some mechanism to
allow one to generate macro command set to effect a given function.
For instance, if you press one foot-switch then this could initiate a
set of Logic commands to set the cycle begin point, begin cycle mode
recording and with auto-create new track in cycle record as you
suggest.  Press a second foot-switch (to end the loop) would set the
loop endpoint and go to cycle begin for instance.  Pressing a third
switch could enable an overdub function.  Pressing a fourth switch
could reset the track(s) to some initial state.

This is all I'd need.  So my question really is: has anyone done
something like this already, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.
Also, how does one do macro key commands initiated from a midi
foot-switch?  Quickeys can do this from keyboard commands for instance,
but cannot do it from a midi device.