Re: Andre comes back to the old question... and goes away from the old list

No Matthias, it's not about trying to create conflict, or trying to
stifle answers.

It actually has something to do with a quote which I learned from Rick
Walker, ironically enough:

"There is no us and them; there is only us."

So when I hear about - for instance - somebody using a DL4 to loop under
a solo, who is "not a looper per se," it raises questions for me.  It
makes me wonder where the distinction between the "them" of this
DL4-touting singer-songwriter is made, to differentiate him from "us."
It makes me wonder what the common defining traits are of the 500-odd
people who are on this list, reading this thread right now, that would
imbue them with a "true looper" designation, that's missing from our
Line 6-soloing emmisary of the "them" delegation.

It makes me wonder a lot of things - like why serious, intelligent,
critical discussion, which can take into account the 40 or 50 years of
historical precedent for the subject of the discussion list, always
seems to make a bunch of everyone's collective undergarments in a forum
made up principally of adult, middle-aged men.

I'm sorry to hear that I was apparently responsible for your losing
three months, Matthias.  Maybe it would be easier if everyone thought
the same things, felt the same feelings, and understood the same
unspoken beliefs.  Unfortunately, I'm a pretty dumb person, so sometimes
I need things explained to me, and sometimes it takes an explanation
that goes into more depth and detail than "It is this way because this
is the way we say that it is."

For the time being, I don't want to be a negative vibe merchant -
especially to the people whose work and music I've spent innumerable
hours trying to be supportive and enlightening about over the course of
eight and a half years.

So as wise man once said, "My work here is done.  Now, I must go."

Perhaps I'll poke my head back in at some point.  In the meantime, those
who want to know how to track me down.

Good luck to y'all.

--Andre LaFosse