Re: live looping amplification etc.

On Mar 31, 2004, at 11:42 PM, max valentino wrote:
> sound of his (siganture style) loopage. I began experimenting with
> other amps (notably an old Ampeg FlipTop B-12 who's all tube signal
> path certainly "changes" the quality of the loops..yet at 130 lbs is
> not really gig friendly!), as well as running my entire chain

not really gig friendly?

what are you talking about?

good sound is HEAVY man ... haha..

ok well good sound can be lightweight too.

i recently sold my JC-120 and Hiwatt 200 (to fund Eventide and other
ridiculous massive equipment expenditures) and my only remaining
bad-ass guitar amp is the Ampeg M-15: The Jazz Box From Hell. this
thing has an open-back enclosure, 2 6L6s, a Jensen 15" Alnico driver
(similar to my Leslies), and 2 channels (clean and clean, as clean as
an unrebuilt 40 year old guitar amp can be) with simple gain and tone
controls. bridging the channels is fun and necessary for maximal drive
and tone. it also has a non-functioning tremolo circuit. this amp is
currently completely non-functional as last time plugged it in one of
the capacitors lit up RED HOT!!

i decided not to use it for awhile. hopefully Kevin Hull in
Indianapolis will be re-building it soon. i care about this amplifier.

what does this have to do with "live looping amplification" you ask?
well my friend Nathan used it as his amp for our Squeaky Clean
Laundromat gigs with my old looping rig which i passed on to him: a
Digitech TSR-24 and the RDS Unit Of Obscene Loop Length. pictured here
on one of my front page graphics:
http://www.suitandtieguy.com/sights/squeaky.jpg

nasty guitar loopage sounds bitchin through it.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com