live looping amplification etc.

I posted several weeks ago about problems with trying to run my
Repeater through a Mesa Boogie combo - lack of volume control, noise
problems etc. A few people replied with the general consensus being
that looping and tube amps do not mix well.

Anyway, I've managed to finally come up with a system which works well
both for 'normal' playing and for looping purposes, so I can be at
least reasonable versatile+portable (without spending ridiculous
amounts of cash). I've ended up with a POD XT pro (rack) as a preamp,
going into a Mesa 20/20 stereo power amp (the combo went back to the
shop). This goes into a couple of EV speaker cabs I've had knocking
around for years. I run the Repeater and a G-Major via the POD's
effects loop. All controlled from the FCB1010 of course...

This seems to produce minimal to non-existent noise and hiss, and gives
me a good balance between digital versatility and the warmth of the
tube power amp.

I thought it might be interesting to hear what other people use
sound-reinforcement wise, guitarists or not...

Paul