MOTU 828mkII

Has anyone here used this as a standalone line mixer? One of the things on
my list of equipment needing upgrading is my Passac Unity8. It's a bit
noisy
(though not bad given that I paid $50), but it's one of the few things I've
found that not only has two effects sends per channel it has stereo effects
sends. Would the 828mkII work as a replacement (and also give me a computer
interface for those times when my computer was at hand)?

Mark