HELP on EDP and the FC-200!!

Hello all you looping pros--

I'm a proud, very new owner of an EDP (beige-- I couldn't find a new
one in stock)

So after finding that the foot controller it came with was already
busted, I bought the Roland FC-200, on a friend's recommendation.

Being a total novice on the programming end, I found Kim's web site
on how to program the midi foot controller is way too advanced for
me--  I need to know REALLY basic things like, do I need one or two
cables going between the EDP and FC 200?

If anyone out there has a quick "how to" for me, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Also, if anyone is in or near Ithaca, New York and can come by to
help me, I'd be willing to pay a modest consultation fee.

My whole gear is:

Electric violin, Midi Violin and Controller, Acoustic violin with pickup
TC Electronics G Force
Echoplex
Mackie 1202
Roland FC 200
Boss LoopStation (for pre recorded loops)

Thanks--

Ritsu

http://www.ritsu.com