miscellaneous EDP questions.

I'm a "tweaker" lately of various EDP parameters and while i've been doing this, i've run across a few things that i can't explain.  I'd appreciate any help if anyone knows anything about or might have run across these:

1)  Problem with "virtual multiply".  This is my biggest problem.  I have a Yamaha MFC-10 pedal that is set up to start/stop a multiply at the touch of a button.  My problem is that it works sproradically.  When it doesn't work, pressing multiply puts a yellow light on the INSERT BUTTON on the front panel of the EDP, the loop plays once more and then, i lose the loop entirely.  It SEEMS to be behaving like "Sampler-Style", but i have no idea why Multiply would trigger that and why it doesn't always seem to work the same way.  Relevant settings seem to be:
Quantize is set to "LOP"
InsertMode is set to "Half Speed".
RoundMode is set to "rnd".
This is an enormous problem for me in live performance, because i can't trust Multiply, and therefore, don't use it, because my groove seems to mysteriously disappear.  If i have the time, i can reach up and press multiply on the actual unit and that usually works, but that's not always possible.  Its a "showstopper".....

2)  Inability to "Reset".
I've never been able to figure out how to program a "reset" virtual button press on my MFC-10.  If i want to reset a loop, i've had to "Long Press" the Record button to reset the loop.  By this i mean that my fail-safe is to actually reach up to the EDP and long-press the Record button to reset the loop.  Isn't there a way to do this virtually?

3)  Can't get Re-align to work properly.
Maybe someone can point out my misunderstanding of how Realign works.  Lets say that i've got a loop synched to an external clock source.  Let's say i stop the external clock (in my case, an RM1-x).  I then retrigger the start of the external clock.  My understanding is that i simultaneously press Mute/Multiply, the loop keeps playing with "ooo" on the display showing that its waiting for the "one" on the clock.  Then, the two should realign.  This doesn't happen for me.  I'm pressing the buttons manually, so maybe that has something to do with it, but i get different results each time.  Sometimes, nothing at all happens.  Sometimes, the loop goes into "Mute" once we get to "one" on the clock again.
Can someone please explain how Realign works fully?
Is the Mute/Multiply combo a long press, short press, do i press them together or in succession?

Thanx in advance to anyone who has the time and knowledge to help.
cheers,
jim.