Re: Recording on a Powerbook

I would strongly suggest getting something with a FireWire interface.
USB interfaces can be fine but some are problematic (check the
newsgroups
and logs). I think M-Audio now has a FireWire interface. I use an older
PowerBook
Ti (667 MHz) and have a MOTU 828 (which may be overkill for your
purposes).
If you can find one of those or a newer 828MkII at a reasonable price
you might
consider getting one (Multi-Tracking or Surround might be something you
don't
care about now but could come up later).