Re: Live vs Repeater

On 04-02-27 18.03,  "Ritsu Katsumata" <rk93@cornell.edu> wrote:

> It's been about a year since I first became a looper (with the
> Loopstation) and now, I'm looking at increasing my looping-horsepower.
>
> I was hoping you could advise me on whether to go with ABLETON LIVE
> or ELECTRIX REPEATER (if I can find one).
>
> Currently, I'm working on a project that requires looping
> pre-recorded samples, some as short as 4 beats, and one digital audio
> file that's about 8 minutes long (I can eliminate that one if it's
> impossible).
> I'd like to be able to live loop over any one at a time, and also
> trigger up to three pre-recorded loops on the fly.
>
> I need to be able to control all of this with a foot pedal, and be
> simple enough for me to learn to use before the premiere of the
> performance piece on April 26!
>

> Thanks in advance!

HI Ritsu,

I'm using both Live and the Repeater on a regular basis and after reading
your specification of what you want to do I would like to recommend you to
go with Ableton Live. If you had said that you need to overdub multiple
layers into one loop, new layers gradually covering older layers that fade
out with each loop round, then I would not have been able to recommend
Live.
But as you don't need this overdub/feedback function everything else you
said can be done in Live.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
--