EMUSIC Playlist #361 for February 19, 2004

http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2004/040219.html

EMUSIC is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that airs each
Thursday
at 11:00 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA 93.9 FM in Easton,
PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 92.9 FM on Service Electric Cable, and
webcasting on
the internet.

                    Show #361                    February 19, 2004

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on the Ambient Music Mailing
List, part of Hyperreal's music resource archives.  The Featured CD at
Midnight
was "ambient.02@hyperreal" disc one by members of the mailing list.

The Vinyl Starter was from the LP "Con" by Conrad Schnitzler on EGG
Records.

I played the music of the Ministry of Inside Things who will be playing
at the
Gate to Moonbase Alpha and other area shows.  See the Events Page for
details.

Ambient Mailing List -
http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2004/focus04.html#feb
The Ministry of Inside Things - http://synkronosmusic.com/moit.html
Event Page - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/events.html

PLAYLIST:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:00 pm
Conrad Schnitzler       Zug                      Con (EGG)
The Ministry of Inside  Function Four            Live on EMUSIC (Synkronos)
Constance Demby         Ave's Trance             Spirit Trance (Valley
                                                   Entertainment)
Kent Sparling           Pulling On a Line        Under New Manna (Purling)
Kent Sparling           Kelvin Balance           Under New Manna (Purling)
Alexander Volodin       The Flower Is Growing Up Reflections of Time
                                                   (Electroshock)
Fanger and Schonwalder  Liquidrom Tape 2         Analog Overdose 2
(Manikin)
VA [Gas]                Microscopic              ambient.02@hyperreal
(none)

12:00 am
VA [Mikael Hillborg]    Nights                   ambient.02@hyperreal
(none)
VA [Isomorph]           Subterranean Bells       ambient.02@hyperreal
(none)
VA [Harri Hameenkorpi   Nimeton 1                ambient.02@hyperreal
(none)
  and Jussi Vaisanen]
VA [Ashera]             Expectations             ambient.02@hyperreal
(none)
VA [Forrest Fang]       Something in the         ambient.02@hyperreal
(none)
                          Moonlight
VA [Tonelab]            Immerland                ambient.02@hyperreal
(none)
VA [Stephen Phillips]   Half Life of a Long      ambient.02@hyperreal
(none)
                          Memory
VA [Farfield]           Ascent                   ambient.02@hyperreal
(none)
VA [Jason Sloan]        A Dawn in the Emptiness  ambient.02@hyperreal
(none)

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)
++ = Advance CDR from Artist

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll conclude the month-long focus on the Ambient Music
Mailing List.  The Featured CD at Midnight will be
"ambient.02@hyperreal" disc
two by members of the mailing list.

The Vinyl Starter will be from the LP "Defense de" by Jean-Jacques Birge
and
Francis Gorge on the Sun label.

Bill