Re: 16 second delay reissue a reality.

on Feb 13, 2004, at 7:07 PM, Shane Whitbread wrote:
> what is the max delay time on the Lexicon?  I am attempting to read the
> manual, but it is moving so slowly it is unreal.

42.something if you put more SIMM in it. it's definitely not for
everyone. i spent a couple days getting presets rigged up and MIDI CCs
mapped for things like multiply, input level (record vs play, if you
will), and loop clear.

but for me it is _exactly_ what i want in a looper. i never have to
"start" a loop, and to dump the loop memory there's just one control:
clear delay memory on/off. i use the Adjust control to change the
number of seconds or bars in my loop (yes, it will do rhythmicly timed
loops, if you want to get out a calculator. the internal BPM calculator
is not as accurate as i'd like).

it also glitches when you change delay length incrementally. this is an
handy feature sometimes.

for the type of ambient looping i do (which is basically a Fripp
pastiche) it's the best there is. it's totally clean ... very very
clean. it's stereo, and it has balanced connections. and a bad-ass
flourescent display.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com