Re: waist high gear

Myself and various bandmates have been using those On Stage music
stands with really wide tripod legs to hold samplers, small keyboards,
mixers, effects, etc.  A little smaller than 2'x2', but readily
available and quite sturdy.  Like most stands, they're a pain in the
ass when they're folded up since they're odd-shaped, but I'd recommend
looking at one of those.

TravisH