Re: slightly OT: Lexicon LXP-1 vs. LXP-5, who remembers?

On 04-02-07 23.51,  "Andreas Willers" <A.Willers@t-online.de> wrote:

> How do they compare?
> LXP-1
> LXP-5

Hi Andreas,

I have a LXP-5 that I like to play through with my live rig. I don't think
it sounds good with the effect programs ("cheapish" harmonizer sounds) and
don't like the pure reverb or delay programs either. In fact I'm only using
one of the LXP-5 programs but that one sounds very good to me. It's a
"multi
program", blending delay and reverb (a little less bright reverb algorithm
compared to the dedicated reverb programs).

On these two sound files you can hear the LXP-5 in action:
http://www.looproom.com/audio/1noden.mp3 (guitar/sax)
http://www.looproom.com/audio/Love_Me_Still_clip.mp3 (guitar/vocals)

The LXP-1 I have only used for mixing in studios, during the nineties, and
found it better suited for drums.

Best regards

Per Boysen
--