Re: 2 EDP in stereo: how to match parameters

> I have been looping with 2 EDPs in stereo, and want to make sure that
> each unit has the same parameter settings. What is the best way to go
> about this?
>
> I have the brother sync cable attached, and midi out from EDP1 to EDP2.
> I notice that changing a parameter from #1 will change the same
> parameter on #2, incrementally, so if #2 starts at a different setting
> it will not change to match #1, so it is necessary to manually adjust
> the #2 parameter to match #1.
>
> I'm getting this straightened out by manually changing #2 to match #1,
> but still am getting some unexpected behaviour: sometimes doing a

> Multiply doesn't end on #2 along with #1.

A happy mistake!!

> I was getting some cool results by inadvertently having different
> quantize settings on each unit.

Nice, huh?

> Hoping to elicit some wisdom and instruction here, including:
>
> What is the list of parameters that have to match to insure total stereo
> connectivity? Can you send preset from #1 to #2 via midi?

You just need Sync=Out on both units, and a Brother Sync cable to ensure
sample-level accuracy (no phase problems).

> What are cool ideas that people have found for deviating parameters on
> #1 and #2, esp while operating as "stereo" (recording the same audio to
> each EDP)

I'm experimenting a lot with this lately.  Right now, I'm in love with the
effect I get with one EDP InsertMode set to Reverse and one set to 1/2
speed/full speed. Try all the combinations of InsertMode - fun stuff.  Also
different Quant settings in those scenarios are cool.

> Footpedal programming: The best way to go from stereo operation to dual
> mono (different midi channels) in a live setting.

With my footcontroller (FCB1010) it's kinda clunky to do this.  I have to
use Notes to control the EDP.  What I do is set the offset parameter on the
2nd EDP to 86, and then I have different patches on my footcontroller that
can address each EDP separately.  Unfortunately, there's no way to save the
offset paramter as part of an EDP preset :(  So, I have to do this manually
from the front panel.  Sucks.

> Seems like there a lot of dual EDP owners who piped up here. Please
> share your secrets!
>
> Neil

Hope some of that helps.  Enjoy!

Doug