2 EDP in stereo: how to match parameters

I have been looping with 2 EDPs in stereo, and want to make sure that
each unit has the same parameter settings. What is the best way to go
about this?

I have the brother sync cable attached, and midi out from EDP1 to EDP2.
I notice that changing a parameter from #1 will change the same
parameter on #2, incrementally, so if #2 starts at a different setting
it will not change to match #1, so it is necessary to manually adjust
the #2 parameter to match #1.

I'm getting this straightened out by manually changing #2 to match #1,
but still am getting some unexpected behaviour: sometimes doing a
Multiply doesn't end on #2 along with #1.

I was getting some cool results by inadvertently having different
quantize settings on each unit.

Hoping to elicit some wisdom and instruction here, including:

What is the list of parameters that have to match to insure total stereo
connectivity? Can you send preset from #1 to #2 via midi?

What are cool ideas that people have found for deviating parameters on
#1 and #2, esp while operating as "stereo" (recording the same audio to
each EDP)

Footpedal programming: The best way to go from stereo operation to dual
mono (different midi channels) in a live setting.

Seems like there a lot of dual EDP owners who piped up here. Please
share your secrets!

Neil